Terms and Conditions
To use iStar (hereafter referred to as the “service”) provided by COPUS JAPAN Co., Ltd. (hereafter referred to as the “Company”), customers are required to understand and agree to the terms and conditions. The service is limited to only those customers who have agreed to the terms and conditions.
Article 1. Purpose
The purpose of the terms and conditions of iStar herein is to stipulate the general rights and obligations of the Company and its members (refer to Article 2. Definition of Terms) and the procedures related to the use of the service and fan support task service provided by COPUS JAPAN Co., Ltd. (hereafter referred to as the “Company”).
Article 2. Definition of Terms
(1) The "Services" refers to the mobile service whereupon affiliated content can be used to collect and reward points distributed by the “Company” to members who have subscribed to it through an electronic device (mobile device, tablet, computer and other devices) used by the member and which was provided by “Company” at the request of the advertiser.
(2) A "Member" refers to an individual who has registered as a member upon agreeing to the terms and conditions, after which the Company approves the registration, allowing access to the service.
(3) An "Advertiser" refers to an individual that submits an application to advertise in the service provided by the Company under the advertisement application process of the Company.
(4) "Point(s)" refer to points that can be used to purchase and gather affiliated content under the guidelines set by the Company in accordance to Article 10 of the terms and conditions. Point(s) have no value as a commodity.
(5) An "Account" refers to an email account authorized by the Company or social media ID that is designated by a member for identification and access to services.
(6) "Gathering" refers to the transfer and deduction of points to members in relation to projects uploaded to the app program on the service.
(7) "Affiliated content" refers to various services that can be accessed by members upon transferring points through an affiliate program between the Company and affiliate.
(8) A "Non-member" refer to temporary guest users who have not registered as members to the service and have limited access to the scope of the services.
Article 3. Clarification, Validity and Revision of Terms and Conditions
(1) The terms and conditions herein are validated when it is posted on the website or service program provided to members.
(3) To revise the terms and conditions, the Company shall post a notice of revision use and the revised terms and conditions on its website.
(4) In accordance to Article 3, the revised terms and conditions are valid from the day of validation.
Article 4. Service Subscription and Use of Services
(2) If a member uses stolen personal information to subscribe the services with unlawful intent, the member’s ID may be eliminated without prior notification. In this case, the member will be banned from using the services and legal action may be taken.
(3) When subscribing under Article 1 of the terms and conditions, the Company may request a confirmation code from the member.
(4) The Company may deliver advertisements and various information related to service to its members for the purpose of providing quality service.
(5) The Company will not provide personal information to a third party without the consent of a member except for special regulations specified by law.
(6) The Company may limit advertisement delivered to the member according to the policy of the advertiser in the use of the services.
(7) When a member has updated personal information that is not specified correctly in the information provided for the service subscription, the member must immediately update one’s personal information. Any issues that arise from personal information that was not updated in a timely manner will be the sole responsibility of the member.
Article 5. Modification of Personal Information
Members may at any time read and change their personal information in the settings page of the Services. Member ID cannot be changed.
Article 6. Withdrawal, Disqualification and Suspension
(1) Members may request withdrawal or discontinue use of Services.
(2) To discontinue the use of services, the member must take the designated steps specified by the Company.
(3) If a member is subject to any of the following, the Company may remove, disqualify, or suspend the member without notification. In this case, the member may not impose any rights on the services. The member is banned from subscribing again.
1 If a member provided fraudulent information upon subscription
② If a member uses the service with fraudulent purposes and methods in order to unlawfully collect and use points
③ If a member violates the copyright rules posted in the notification designated by the Company
④ If a member steals information or blocks another member from using the services that willfully harms a electronic transaction order.
⑤ If a member threatens or disparages other members or employees of the Company while using the Services that arouse discomfort and shame
⑥ If a member misrepresents oneself as an employee or executive of the Company
⑦ If a member stole someone else’s name upon subscription
⑧ If a member violates the law while using the service or generally accepted public order
⑨ If a member infringes upon the rights and intellectual copyrights such as trademarks, licenses, internal company secrets of a third party
⑩ If a member directs visitors and other members to a specific website without their consent
⑪ If a member illegally trades copyrighted material owned by a third party or distributes bootleg software in relation to the use of the service that violates the law
⑫ If a member organizes a group that incites anti-social, racist, sexist, and immoral behavior
⑬ If a member collects the e-mail account, ID and other personal information from another member
⑭ If a member is deemed to have violated the law or acted as an accomplice to a criminal
⑮ If a member manipulates another member into breaching the banned behavior under the terms and conditions
⑯ If a member breaches the obligations under the terms and conditions herein
Article 7. iStar Service
The Company shall provide the following services under the terms and conditions. If a customer wishes to use the service, the customer must register as a member and follow the process under the terms and conditions. As the service is a target advertisement service, advertisers may limit the scope of the service to members and also request a specific requirement. In this case, the Company must post a notification that describes the limited scope of the service and requirements to members.
• When a member views an advertisement on a mobile device and completes the provided process under the terms and conditions, points will be reward.
Affiliated content service
• A member may purchase affiliated items using membership points under the terms and conditions.
• A member may participate in events posted on the app by the Company under the terms and conditions.
• The Company may develop and provide new services outside of the services described in Article 7 of the terms and conditions.
Article 8. Change and Termination of Service Description
(1) The Company may temporarily change the services, service quality and technical requirements based on a reasonable decision.
(2) Partial or all services can be limited or suspended under the following conditions
If an advertiser intentionally or accidentally blocks the operations of a corporate advertisement service.
When the advertisement service is under maintenance due to unavoidable circumstances
When the broadband service provider halts electronic transmission services under regulations of the Telecommunications Business Act
When the use of advertisement services is affected by a national emergency, service equipment breakdown or a flood of web traffic
⑤ In cases whereupon the advertising service can no longer be provided by the Company for valid reasons
(3) The Company must post a notification describing the scheduling and temporary change or suspension of advertisement services under Article 8 of the terms and conditions
Article 9. Point Savings
(1) When the member personally confirms advertisement provided by the service and completes the designated process requested by the advertisement, the Company will reward member with points. There shall be cases where a specific member must meet certain requirements to receive points.
(2) When a member accumulates a specific value of points under the regulations designated by the Company, the accumulated points can be checked in the My Page of the service.
(3) If the accumulated points on the server show a discrepancy with the accumulated points on the client’s application program service, the accumulated points that appear on the server will be applied. Discrepancy in the accumulated points on the client application program due to a sync issue will not be compensated for.
(4) Taxation on accumulated points are, in principle, the sole responsibility of the member.
Article 10. Use, Cancellation, Revision and Expiration of Points
(1) If an error occurs in the processing of accumulated points, the member must submit a claim within 90 days from the day when the error occurred. The Company shall address the claim within 90 days of receiving the claim. If a member submits a claim at a date that is later than 90 days of when the error occurred, no corrections shall be made.
(2) The Company shall manage and operate the points rewarded to members by advertisers. When an accounting issue occurs between an advertiser and the Company or the advertiser files for bankruptcy and cannot fulfill its payment obligations, the points rewarded to members can be canceled and it will be the advertisers’ responsibility.
(4) Members can use accumulated points to pay for transactions while using the service provided by the Company.
(5) Accumulated points rewarded to members by the Company shall expire after 12 months from the date it was given if not used by the member.
(6) The sequence of using accumulated points shall follow the policy of the Company.
(7) If a member withdraws from the service, that member’s accumulated points will be used at the discretion of the company and shall not be restored.
Article 11. Member ID and password
(1) The member is liable for managing member ID and password information. Members shall not allow the use of member ID and password to other people.
(2) A member must immediately notify the Company if a member ID or password has been compromised by a third party. The member shall follow the instructions of the Company if an instruction is issued.
Article 12. Payment, Refunds and Payment Cancellation
(1) A member may access paid services by using various payment methods provided by the Company. If a payment transaction is incorrect and a request is made by the member to resolve the transaction issue, the Company shall be responsible for processing the payment correctly.
(2) The Company may limit a refund or cancel a transaction or funds added if a payment is processed unlawfully or in a method banned by the Company.
(3) According to Article 4 of the terms and conditions, payment cancellation, refunds, and reimbursements may be provided by the Company under the following conditions.
① When there is no service available for which the Company is wholly responsible for after a member has transferred funds. (Except for a case when a system maintenance notification has been posted prior and other unavoidable circumstances)
② When a single transaction is processed twice due to a system error committed by the Company or transaction service firm under contract.
When the Company gives notification to the member that the transaction agreement has been cancelled due to closing of service and other causes.
④ When the Company has reason to protect the consumer due to internal or external circumstances.
(4) Refunds and payment cancellation shall be processed under the following conditions.
① A member shall submit an inquiry for refund in the member’s My Page after logging in to the service for the purpose of obtaining a refund.
② The Company shall provide a refund to a member if refund request is deemed to be a legitimate claim and in accordance with Article 3 that the Company while following the proper procedures.
③ The Company shall provide a detailed explanation of the method in which the refund to the member is calculated and processed whereupon a refund or payment cancellation must be processed.
(5) A member may receive a refund within 7 days from the date of the purchase was made. A refund is applicable 7 days after the date of purchase in the case of a system malfunction that causes a delay in the refund or other faults recognized by the Company.
(6) When a member is banned or suspended from using the service due to violating the terms and conditions, no refunds or reimbursements will be offered.
(7) If a member withdraws from the service after requesting cancelling of membership, the items purchased by the member will be automatically deleted and cannot be recovered or given a refund.
(8) When the registered information submitted by the member in the identity confirmation process is proven to be falsified or not compatible in meeting the member registration conditions, the member may be banned or submitted to disciplinary action, in which case no refund or reimbursements are offered because the fault lies with the member.
Article 13. Duties of the Company
(1) The Company shall make a constant effort to provide uninterrupted, stable services as required by the terms and conditions herein and refrain from breaching existing laws, banned behavior and public morals.
(2) The Company is responsible for maintaining a secure system to protect personal information (including credit information) to deliver a safe service and must post and adhere to personal privacy policies.
(3) The Company shall follow appropriate procedures to process any opinions or claims submitted by members if they are deemed fair. Members shall be notified of the results and claim processing schedule via email in response to opinions or claims.
Article 14. Duties of Members
In relation to the service of use, members must not do the following:
Registering false information when making changes or subscribing in relation to the use of service.
Deleting, changing or harming various information posted in regard to the service without proper authorization.
Making slanderous comments towards another member or collecting personal information.
Transmitting advertisement information for personal profit without permission and transmitting or posting information that is not permissible.
Copying, reverse engineering or modifying the service by a manufacturing process.
Infringing upon the intellectual copyrights of the company or third-party license holders.
Posting or making public comments using explicit language or pertaining to violent information (via texting · voice call · teleconferencing and etc.) in addition to any disseminated information violates good public order and customs.
Article 15. Non-members
(1) Non-members may immediately access the service without registering once they have installed the service, however, certain features may be inaccessible.
(2) Non-members may not register for the advertisement service provided by the service.
Article 16. Ownership of Copyrights of Content and Restricted Use
(1) The Company possesses the copyrights and other intellectual property rights over its productions.
(2) Members cannot use any information they acquire from the Services or allow any third party to use it through replication, transmission, publication, dissemination, broadcasting, or other measures without the Company's prior consent.
Article 17. Dispute Settlement in relation to Services
The Company shall take appropriate steps to handle the opinions or claims submitted by members. If there is a delay in processing a claim, the Company shall immediately notify its members of the reason of delay and the schedule for a response.
Article 18. Termination of Services
(1) To terminate the Services, the Company shall use the method of notification in Article 3 of the terms and conditions herein to notify its members 90 days in prior to the day of termination.
(2) After the notice of termination of services (“the notice of service termination”) is posted according to Article 1 of the terms and conditions herein, members must consume existing points accumulated before the day of termination of services (“the day of service termination”) under the terms and conditions designated by the Company. Any unused points will be eliminated on the day of service termination.
(3) Members may not receive services provided by the Company after the day of service termination according to Article 2 of the terms and conditions.
Article 19. Governing Law and Arbitration
(1) Refer to the related laws, regulations, and commercial customers of Japan for any issues not stipulated herein and for the interpretation of the terms and conditions herein.
(2) Any disputes or lawsuits between a member and the “Company” related to the use of services under the terms and conditions herein shall be filed with the Tokyo District Court.
Article 20. Privacy Protection
Established on April 27, 2017
Revised on April 27, 2017