1. Scope of Privacy Protection Measures
2. Acquisition and Use of Information
When a member uses the services or visits a page provided by iStar or iStar’s partners (hereafter referred to as “Affiliated Company”), iStar will in some cases automatically acquire personal information about the member. When a member registers for an iStar ID or participates in an advertisement event, personal information will be requested. When submitting an inquiry to iStar, a request for personal information may occur. In addition, iStar may obtain information pertaining to a transaction or acquisitions records from a member during interactions with iStar and an affiliate company.
The personal information that iStar may request or acquired only takes place when necessary for providing the iStar service or redirecting via iStar.
When a member registers personal information to the service, iStar requests required information that includes email address and nickname. Optional information requested by iStar are name of member, birth date, gender, home address, telephone number, interests and others. When a member registers for an iStar ID and logs into the iStar service, iStar will track the usage patterns of the member.
iStar uses the obtained information as follows.
(1) iStar will use data (hereafter referred to as “data related to member characteristics) related to visited pages, advertising viewing time patterns, usage patterns, and usage environment of the member in order to customize content and advertisements shown to the member on the iSTAR screen for an improved experience.
(2) In some cases, iStar will use data related to member characteristics in order to formulate targeted questionnaires surveys, develop new services, improve the existing service, and boost the compatibility of advertisements to members.
(3) In some cases, iStar will use data for analyzing prospective candidates for questionnaires, improve analysis of member characteristics, study the effectiveness of the delivery of information, advertisements and services for advertisers, information providers and service providers.
(4) iStar may use data related to fees, services used by members, registered payment methods, telephone number, home address in order to check whether the member has changed personal information or viewed usage statistics.
(5) iStar may use contact information, email address, home address in order to contact member, send a service notification or deliver an item.
(6) To confirm the identity of a member, iStar may access personal date that includes contact information, credit card information, birth day, home address and member name.
(7) To charge a fee to a member, iStar may access date that includes credit card information, member name, home address, registered bank account, service usage patterns, and receipts from affiliated companies.
(8) To allow members to easily enter data, iStar may show registered personal information in the entry box and transmit this data to another service by the order of the member.
(9) iStar may use information particular to an individual such as usage pattern, name, and home address to refuse service to member when the member has unpaid fees, harmed another member or third party that violates the user agreement or uses the service with unlawfully with illegal intent.
(10) iStar may use contact information, member characteristics data, usage fees and information used for a service for which an inquiry is made in order to respond to an inquiry.
3. Personal Information Policy
• iStar does not sell personal information.
• In the following cases, iStar may provide personal information to a third party.
(1) According to regulations (Heisei Year 30 November 30th, Act 137) governing specified electronic communication service provider, when there is a court order for the release of sender’s information and limitation of the scope of liability or when a public agency or police enforcement enforce Criminal Procedure Code (Showa Year 23 July 10th, Act 131) with a police warrant for the release of personal information to iStar.
(2) When receiving consent from the member is not possible after the member has violated the user agreement, guideline or rules in relation to the service provided by iStar or an affiliated company but an exception must be made to protect the rights, property and service of iStar or a third party.
(3) When there is imminent harm to the physical well-being, property, and survival of a person but receiving consent from the member is impossible.
4. Members may change or delete their registered information.
• In principle, iStar allows online members to change their registered information or optional information whenever they wish to.
Established on April 27, 2017
Revised on April 27, 2016